Friday, January 6, 2012

We Are Romantic

Paul's checkin' me out.  Ha ha!  Nerd joke!

Yesterday Paul asked me out on a date.  It went like this:

"Blah blah words in German blah blah German German?"

And then I said, "I have no idea what you just said."

And then he said, "Fewer words in German on a Date some more German with me, eating fried foods?"

And I said, "Ja!"


Today, we went on our date.  It went like this:

::walk to what's left of the Christmas Market booths::

::see they are closed::

::walk home::

So, instead, we had a Grilled Cheese Sandwich Contest for dinner.

I made a mozzarella-tomato-tilsitzer on wheat.  Paul made a, I kid you not, a tilsitzer and raspberry jam sandwich.  Which actually didn't taste nearly as terrible as it sounds--points for creativity!

Then we watched episodes of the Amazing Race from five years ago (because you can buy those for cheap) and got into a very long (2 hour) "discussion"...which is as close as we get to a "fight."

They sound something like this:

"Love, sometimes I feel as if maybe our communication is slightly like __(insert very long metaphor)____ and I would like to talk about how we can find a solution to this problem."

"Excellent point, beautiful.  Though perhaps it is more like __(equally complicated metaphor)_____.  I was thinking that perhaps we could maybe try _________.  Do you have any other suggestions that I might implement in my own actions?"

Seriously, we sound like an HR video called, "Dealing with Conflict in a Professional Atmosphere."

We are very weird.

And very romantic.

Now we're going to kiss.

8 comments:

  1. bahahahaha! I love this. Evan and I sometimes make metaphors for how we feel about the metaphors we say. so many metaphors. It gets confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how I've always imagined married life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. Except....that last sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani--you're such a pruuuuuude. We're young and in love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true, but I just can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi und Paul sind am romantischsten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha. This is amazing on so many levels. I miss you guys and your quirky personalities. I should come visit you.

    When I'm done my papers...which I should be working on right now...

    ReplyDelete

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...