Thursday, January 5, 2012

Considah Yourseuf!


We live approximately 15 steps away from this exact Harley Davidson.  It's the last landmark I notice on my way home every day.  First, there's the scary clown wall painting, then the old medieval city gate, the three &'s (three stores in a row with "&" in their name: P&C, H&M, C&A), the Rathaus (it's not what you think), Freaky Murder Cow Sign (requires a photograph...), and finally the Harley Davidson.

Rathaus = City Hall
And so far, this past week, I've found myself walking home with variously tempo-ed peps in my steps all because I've been getting "home-themed" songs stuck in my head.

Yesterday I practically skipped and bell-kicked my way down the busiest pedestrian street in the city humming "Consider Yourself" from "Oliver!"

I had no shame.  I was seriously doing that fakey Broadway strut-walk thing in time with the song--the one where you kind of throw your head back, smile really big, and swing your arms up across your chest marching-style?

At some point I realized I actually was humming along to the song playing on my ipod:  "Considah Yourseuf AT HOME.  Consider yourseuf, paht o' the faaaaamily."



And I want to add that I finished the song as I was putting the key into the door.

Is there anything better than songs that make you feel like you're actually, for really real, in a musical?

I propose that there is NOT.  Except...


...oh yeah, maybe more gratuitous photographs of Paul in THE SHIRT.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you liked musicals. I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are only living there for two years, so what better time to march down the street to some dandy Broadway musicals. Do that here and you'll be institutionalized, but there they'll just shrug their shoulders and possibly not make eye contact with you. Next up, Music Man! Oh, and don't forget Oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...