Saturday, January 28, 2012

So You Want to Make Some German Food?

I know, I know.  This is pretty much the first thing most people think when they wake up in the morning.

"Shoot!  Today I really want some cabbage!"

I get it.  I really do.  And I'm here to help.


So, let's start with the all-time easiest German dish you can make:  Gurkensalat.  aka Cucumber Salad.

All German food joke irony aside, this is actually frakin' amazing stuff.  You're going to look at the ingredients and go, "I....I...don't know...about...this ideaaaaa..."  But, you have to put your trust in me.  My first name is German.  See?  Trust me. ::I am patting your arm with reassurance::

Also, it's super cheap to make and takes about two minutes.  So check it:

Gurkensalat 
(The Heavenly Cucumber Salad of Dreams)

1 (English) cucumber, or 2 reg. American cucs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar (pref. cider vinegar)
dry or fresh parsley, for added optional loveliness

*Step 1*  Peel the cucumber (but leave little bits of the peel on places.  It's an added loveliness thing.)
*Step 2* Slice the cucumber as thinly as you can.  Aim for see-through-it-ed-ness.
*Step 3* Mix everything together in a bowl (add parsley option just on top).
*Step 4* Eat it.  Super fast.  It's that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...