Sunday, December 18, 2011

That dude was not even joking

Remember that one time I had a student tell me that there were roller coasters in the middle of the winter in Germany?

And then I was like, "Whaaaaaa?  That's crazy!"



Well, he wasn't whistlin' dixie on that one.  No siree bob howdy don'cha'knowww. (I just covered American Accents in my class...I can't help myself).

Also, can I just add, THEY HAD BUMPER CARS?!  


Christmas in Germany rocks my socks off.  Not only do you get to go to Advent concerts in giant stone cathedrals and hang real mistletoe bunches and eat roasted almonds and see chestnuts literally roasting on open fires and the Christmas trees come in pots (?) and your incredibly, amazingly nice neighbors give you presents and you can go into these tents all decorated inside with fir tree branches and lights sit there and order hot chocolate and this spiced punch stuff that tastes amaaaaazing and and and. . .

But also you walk outside of your apartment and two minutes later it's like wheeeeeeee! cotton candy! fairway games! tilt-a-whirl! Renaissance fair(?)!  giant ferris wheel! haunted...houses...(merry Christmas?)!!  


Plus, you see things like this:


Could you could handle...the TIME VISITOR?!  ::dun duhhhh duuuuunnnn::




End "Weinachtsmarkt (Christmas Market), Part I"

3 comments:

  1. Did you mistakenly type the word spiced instead of spiked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's amazing! I wonder what the wind chill factor on the Tilt-a-Whirl would be?

    ReplyDelete

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...