Thursday, December 22, 2011

Solstice



We have a good friend in Oregon (who I will call "LovePuppet") who would give everybody presents to celebrate the Winter Solstice each year, often including some kind of dark chocolate.

So, because we live in a place where it will be midnight-dark at around 3:30pm, and, in the spirit of the beloved and missed Love Puppet, we went to a chocolatier in town to get the darkest hot chocolate we could find on the Solstice.

I usually think it's weird when people take pictures of cafe or restaurant food (hey!  Look what I digested!), but I kind of can't help myself when it comes to amazing edible things.

Like, take this hot chocolate.  They literally melted a chocolate bar, poured it into a cup, gave us each a pint of whipped cream to add to it, and were like, "Welp, have at it!" (but, you know, in German).

A chocolate bar, people!  Melted!  Into the cup!

Happy Winter Solstice from der Nord!

5 comments:

  1. mmmmm trinkschokolade...

    ReplyDelete
  2. trinkschokolade! exactly! Hah! It makes me happy that you know that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next solstice I am totally stealing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgive my question, but was I good????

    ReplyDelete

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...