Monday, December 19, 2011

O Aquabaum!


After we bought a teal, plastic-"needled" Christmas tree this year to set off the hues of Egnaro* (this is what happens when you live in Aquahaus), I couldn't help but notice that there were other Aquabaums all over the city.  This one, in the Norwegian part of the Christmas Market, is by far my favorite.

Doesn't that look magical?

Takes my Christmas-light loving breath away every time we pass it on the way home from work.

Plus, about ten steps away you can get a "spit-roasted boar with sauerkraut plate" or "duck breast fillets with cranberry sauce on a baguette."

O Aquabaum!  O Aquabaum!  How lovely are thy branches...and booths!



*Rees offered such a wonderful name, how could we resist?  Egnaro.  So exotic.  So inviting. So...weird...  Egnaro the ceramic orange wall.

3 comments:

  1. We have always LOVED the blue lights! This tree is gorgeous! I'll have to show Shane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-Hoo!! You named it Egnaro!!! :-) It is so exciting....so inviting....so weird....and so fun to spell stuff backwards :-) I love-love-love reading your posts. You'll never forget the blue lights or any of the AMAZING things about Christmas in Germany. Sending lots of love from the USA to you in the land of aquabaums <3 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rees! That explanation makes me feel like the name is EVEN COOLER than I thought it was in the first place...and also that I'm a little slow on the uptake...or that I need to practice saying things backwards more.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...