Sunday, September 4, 2011

Wilkommen in Rostock!

Two days ago the Hunn advance party (me) arrived in Rostock to begin scouting for the second wave of our invasion (Heidi). With an apartment to find, bank account to set up, residency permits to apply for, and demography classes to attend, I'll have my hands full over the next couple of weeks. Before all that started in earnest, though, I spent this weekend getting established in my guest apartment and checking out the city. Here are a few highlights from my reconnaissance mission:
1) Home base- my guest apartment on Patriotischer Weg (Patriot's Way) is small, but sufficient as a starting point for subsequent advances. My second-floor apartment is well hidden from view by an accommodating tree.
2) The Institute- my office is on the third floor, providing me with an excellent surveillance position. The location of the Institute (only a 5 minute walk from my apartment) is excellent: on the Warnow River right next to a typically-blocky communist statue. Nice.
3) The Market Place- beautiful European buildings: check. Awe-inspiring cathedral: check. Weird seagull statue: check.
4) Bakery- possibly the most important building in Rostock and secretly the number one reason why I took this job in the first place. Mmm...pastries!
All in all, a pretty sweet place to be invading, I think. More information coming in future dispatches.
Paul out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...