Monday, September 12, 2011

Ohhh Tuna, Tuna, Tuna Starts with T!



This ain't your grandma's tuna.

Or...maybe it actually is more like your grandma's tuna and it ain't your childhood tuna.  But at any rate, this is a fresh caught tuna loin and ohhhh, do I have plans for it tonight.  You might even say I have designs on it.


One huge thing I'm going to miss about life here is working, literally, right next to an active fishing port and being able to pick up catches that really couldn't get any fresher. Now, I saw a lot of fish in Rostock in the markets, but they were all these little, whimpy fish.  Little whole-herrings.  Psha--nothing even close to Oregon salmon, tuna, rockfish, ling cod, bay shrimp, clams, oysters, and crab. 

So, in celebration of the Oregonian coast tonight, I will chant, "Long live the tuna!" as I sear it an hour from now.

(And don't tell me you don't have this song stuck in your head after reading the title)

Update:
oh yeah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...