Monday, May 6, 2013

The Taste of Satan

Today is a gross day.

Seriously gross.  So gross because I feel like a zombie and I went to Danish class and was like, "Nope, this isn't happening" halfway through.  And because I have to wake up at an ungodly hour tonight to give a proposal presentation to the entire GIS department waaay over there in east-coast-time-land.

So, I'm a frizzy stressball that is simultaneously exhausted (and perhaps a little sick?  I can't tell if it's just being tired or am I tired because I'm sick?).  And I'm sitting in Danish class thinking, "Maybe if I eat some chocolate then I'll get some energy..."

And I go to the vending machine.  And I put in all the tiny bits of change I can find in my sad, sad, exhausted, sad pockets.  And I type in the number to get a Yankie bar (sort of like a Milky Way?).

And the Yankie bar falls, and I reach in, and I pull it out... aaaaaaaand...


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LAKRIDS!

The danish word that means "satan."

Okay, not really.  Really it means "liquorice" but liquorice in english means "satan" so...

Why is everything here tainted with the sin and horror of lakrids?!  Breath mints, cough drops, gummi bears, cake, gravy (?!).  

So...that's my sad story.  And yes, I did try to "give it a chance."  Nope.  Nope that was a bad idea.  

In happier news, if you're a person who is able to and actually enjoys tasting satan, then Denmark is the country for you.

And we got to go to the zoo for free on Saturday.  




3 comments:

  1. Oh dear Heidi! I feel your pain! Every so often I try to eat a black licorice jelly bean.... and every so often my taste buds scream, "What. Are. You. THINKING?!!!!" Oh so gross. I'm sorry that's what came out of the vending machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh....black licorice is the devil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you didn't try saltlakrids then. If you're feeling adventurous, I'd recommend Tyrkisk Peber.

    www.salmiyuck.com

    ReplyDelete

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...