Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day in Denmark

We were kind of awesome to each other this year.  I "gave" Paul a professional massage appointment (that he actually needed to continue functioning--but that's neither here nor there), lasagna, and homemade chocolate cupcakes.  Paul gave me mint chocolates, flowers, and a "surprise!"

I love surprises.

And so we walked and walked and the whole time I was like, "Are we going to the library?  Are we going to the train station?  Are we going to an organ concert?  Are we going to a new grocery store?!"  And each time it was like, "No. Nope. Noooo. Nein. No."

And then after walking for a pretty long time in a strange suburban neighborhood  I saw and I knew exactly where we were going.  Because it was a place with one of the weirdest and therefore awesomest activities I'd ever seen in my life.

PEOPLE!  Paul took me to a place with the Doctorfish!

You know?  Where you sit on the edge of a big aquarium, stick your feet in, and aaaaaaaaall these fish come and eat all the dead skin off your feet!!

I mean!  It's a totally weird thing to do!

And therefore, it was the perfect Valentine's Day surprise.  Because now we have a memory together (which are always so much more important to me than gifts) of doing something spontaneous, wacky, and technically illegal in the United States.

3 comments:

  1. Two things: did it tickle something awful and did it work? Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yes (I was shrieking for about ten minutes straight. Scared the crap out of the owners.)

    2. Yes? They were definitely eating at the places you'd expect dead skin to be... And I haven't gotten gangrene (yet). So I'm counting this as a success! Also, we only did it for 15 minutes and I think they "recommend" 45, so maybe you could tell more of a difference if you wait longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am alternately envious and grossed out. But...since they are fish and not other creepy sea creatures, I think envious wins. (If it had been anemones or barnacles or something I would not have been able to sleep just thinking of it.) Seriously cool experience.

    ReplyDelete

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...