Monday, May 28, 2012

The Italy Series: Palatine Hill




Sara has inspired me with her post on her trip to the Cinque Terre to resume our glacial review of our own Italy trip (and hopefully, someday, update you on our latest trip to Bavaria).

Also, my life feels less like I'm about to die from deadlines every two seconds, so breathing is now an option (and, consequently, blogging).

Aaaand, now we'll continue on from the Colosseum....


Palatine Aqueduct

If you ever happen to find yourself at the Colosseum and you think, "Well, I don't really feel like going to the Roman Forum yet...."  Just take a stroll up to the Palatine hill!  

There you will find the great symbols of Rome (or, what I always think of when I think of Rome):  Aqueducts, Umbrella Pines, and Emperor's Palaces.

Palace of Emperor Septimus Severus
And, as a nice topper to our walk around the Palatine, we found ourselves wandering through an orange and lemon tree-filled garden overlooking the forum.

Plus, it had one of the best ancient drinking fountains we saw in Rome (they're everywhere--thank you, smart Romans!)


So, all I'm really saying is, you should check it out. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm serious. You, me, Paul, J. at the Cinque Terre ourselves. Let's go next summer!

    ReplyDelete

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...