Monday, December 21, 2020

Solstice

 


Happy Solstice.  I always think of Barb Butler, my friend and part-time employer at the Marine Lab's library in Oregon, on the solstice.  She was the first person I ever knew that made a point to mark it and celebrate.  I've tried to ever since.  This year with the convergence made it extra special.  

I'd like to say I lit a bonfire and burned memories of 2020 or made a decadent hot chocolate and watched the stars. 

But instead I showed the kids the convergence for 30 seconds, ate some fancy chocolate, and then spent the evening building Christmas presents (it's going to be good) in the basement with Paul.  

Still, happy solstice everyone.  Turn away from the darkness and look forward to the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...