Wednesday, January 13, 2021

One Week Later

 


I truly did not want to be back here streaming the House of Representatives again.  But one week ago, terrorists made it a certainty.

I'd love it if I never wanted or needed to tune into CSPAN ever, ever again.  

(Addendum: Parliamentary procedure in actually is really calming to me, apparently.  So maybe I'll tune in again as a kind of meditative practice - just hoping it's never for such a horrifying reason again.)

(Addendum pursuant to the addendum: I'm crying?  Because I'm watching so many people with so many different accents and skin colors and genders and religions take part in this? It's a good and beautiful thing.)

(Addendum pursuant to the previous addendum: But I should note that so far, and I've been watching, every republican invoking house resolution 8 to announce the vote of a fellow caucus member...has been a white man.  The only melting pot I can see is on one side...  It's a more than a little disturbing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...