Monday, March 24, 2014

Paulless and Architecture and Grapes and Random Title

Welp.

Paul is off in Germany to float around in a space suit 20 meters below sea level and tie knots underwater with his eyes closed.

Fun fact/side-note: Don't volunteer to help someone you love study for their commercial diving exam when they want you to quiz them on all the horrible, horrible medical emergencies that can kill them at 20 meters below sea level.

Just don't do it.

Otherwise...I'm just sittin' here...bored as heck...in the silence...thinkin' about "Pulmonary Barotrauma."

On a slightly interesting and distracting note, I went to an interview today.

It went okay.

They were super nice and the company is perfect and I would do anything to have this position because I would love it to the end of the world and back but I think I blaaaaaaabbered too much and they didn't like the fact that I would be commuting four hours a day for them which is nice but hey I knew what this was when I picked it up ya know and ................. (that's shorthand for more blabbering). At the end they said that there were 125 applications submitted and I laughed...really loud (and then I said, "Well that's fantastic for you!").  But, they had a real nice fruit tray out for the interview so at the very least I got some free grapes for writing that kickin' cover letter.

Anyway, other than free grapes, I was also happy to go to this interview because it was in the Ørestad!  Never heard of the Ørestad?  Neither had I before I read a very amusing book called "How to Be Danish" where, in the chapter about famous Danish design and architecture(Sydney Opera House, anyone?), they talk a lot about this urban experiment called Ørestad where a bunch of fancy architects were pretty much allowed to just dream it, man.

And they did.  Boy did they.  So you take the train to the middle of what feels kind of a little bit like nowhere and then BOOM you get a street lined with buildings like this...

Byggeri i Ørestad er verdens bedste


Ørestad Plejecenter : Fællesskab med rig plads til det individuelle






There was also a very, very nice shopping center.  I bought a small pack of gum.  It cost $5.  This was normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...