Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blessings on Your Head


Blessings on the head of my mother-in-law who sent us a package that arrived yesterday.

It contained two sleeves of oreo cookies (American oreos! Which taste way different than the German ones, trust me.)  It was also, as fate would have it, the 100th anniversary of the Oreo Cookie.  Coincidence?!  Never.

Also, a bag of Paul's favorite candy-- Riesens.  This is great for Paul.  This is even better for me, because now I know what his favorite candy is!  I've asked him a million times for three and a half years and he's always like, "Oh, I don't know..."  It's really annoying, actually, because I want to buy him cheap gifts of love and he never has anything "favorite" that I can identify.  But now!  Now!!  I know it's all about Riesens!  He finally remembered--like some man coming out of a long, dark period of amnesia (get out of my head, Downton Abbey)!  Praise the Gift-Giving Gods!

ALSO two boxes of macaroni and cheese!  They happened to arrive just three days after we ate the single box we've been saving since Christmas.   Coincidence again?!  Not on your life.

Oh, but it gets better.  Within said package was also a tax form that I had completely forgotten we needed.  And guess what?!  Its tiny little bureaucratic text meant that we are now paying $400 less to the IRS!  ::heavenly choirs singing::  (Which taxes we can now pay because the package also included our much-needed checks).

And then, to top off all the awesome, we got a hand-written letter from S-Dude, inquiring about bug-eating and  "how the beldings stil stand over 500 years?!"

It was a pretty great package.  It got a pretty great celebratory dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...